Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copper: The intermediate cause of PET?
There must to be a connection between sodium and copper. It seems sodium helps with the absorption of copper.

So if you drink too much water you dilute the sodium and decrease copper absorption.

If you drink water with salt you probably won't notice the PET trigger.

Quote:Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1987 Jul;185(3):277-82.
Intestinal absorption of copper: effect of sodium.
Wapnir RA, Stiel L.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3601948

Interesting that you mention silent reflux, I also suspected having that but two ENTs and one gastroenterologist couldn't find anything in my esophagus and stomach although I had even blood in my sputum for some time.

But what can you expect from ENTs that can't even diagnose PET, I diagnosed it myself. And I just found out the gastroenterologist probably retired because he is no more listed on the doctor's office homepage. That was probably not a positive factor for motivation.

I think it has to do with zinc and stomach acid. Zinc is needed to produce stomach acid, the imbalance of zinc to copper could be the cause.

I don't think we have too much stomach acid because without enough copper we can't even raise zinc above a certain threshold. So I hope the copper will also fix this.

I'm in the GMT+1 timezone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copper: The intermediate cause of PET? - by Caravaggio - 02-01-2019, 05:01 PM