Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copper: The intermediate cause of PET?
Ok, well plenty of commonalities with us re symptoms...
So you take 9mg of copper per day? How long have you been supplementing at these levels? Surely you have noticed a change/improvement, and if not, are you thinking your body just isn't utilising it properly..?

I tend to think I had a virus in 2017 when a lot of my problems started. I took a bunch of supplements (incl zinc) and also ended up taking herbal antimicrobial tonics for a few months later that year - all this was an attempt to clean up my gut which was clearly overwhelmed by bad bacteria/pathogens/candida/etc. While my gut health improved dramatically after all that, it has recently flared up again, possibly due to taking ibuprofen along with the high dose zinc and VitC. I do wonder whether my microbiome was permanently altered after all the concoctions I took, and now affects the way I process nutrients..... but I'm only guessing.

Either way, sounds like we're screwed if our bodies are simply incapable of utilising copper anymore.

Re my fatty acid profile... just looking at some results from 18 months ago (before any treatment), long chain fatty acids were 1.5 (range 1-23), short chain fatty acids were 92 (they should be >13... though elevated levels may indicate bacterial overgrowth). Not sure what that all means, but may prove your point about low levels and being slim.

Would be nice if boosting our copper levels helped with weight gain, but as you say, overweight people have low copper too.
I still need to read those articles you linked to for a better understanding.

As much as I hope that copper is a huge part of the fix for PET, there are some aspects of the condition that are simply mystifying and seemingly unrelated to something like copper. The one that stands out for me is hydration.
We've all heard people go on and on about staying hydrated, electrolytes, etc... but personally it never seems to help me.
In fact, drinking water (it's basically all I drink), is pretty much guaranteed to trigger my PET if my tubes are closed at the time.
Generally it takes anywhere from 2-10 minutes for my tubes to open after drinking, and it doesn't seem to matter how much I drink (as long as it's more than a sip).
What could this possibly be doing to my body to cause this?

And on the flip side, if I abstain from drinking anything, my tubes can stay closed for hours at a time.
This was most evident on a very hot day recently when I was outside in the heat and became very dehydrated, and yet my ears felt perfectly normal for an entire afternoon.
I have 4 theories on this...
1. I know that I suffer from silent reflux, so water may well be a trigger for me (especially on an empty stomach), thus causing the refluxate to find its way into my throat and ETs, which is common in LPR
2. The water is having some weird imbalancing effect on my system, causing the tubes to open (I only started drinking plenty of water a few years ago, prior to that all I drank was tea)
3. The act of swallowing is causing the muscles responsible for closing the ETs to malfunction
4. I'm an alien and as such, my body has no need for water, in fact it acts as a poison

Point 3 makes no sense to me, as when I eat/chew/swallow food during a meal, my tubes often close.
This could of course be related to the chewing action, but you see my point.
Clearly it's hard to see a copper link to any of these.
Btw I tend to think it's number 1 (or 4).
Thoughts?

* btw what timezone are you in? i'm guessing Europe somewhere? *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copper: The intermediate cause of PET? - by Matt - 02-01-2019, 01:37 AM